Last Date For CDS 2 2019 Exam | Apply Now To Join Indian Defence
For aspirants planning to appear for CDS 2 2019 exam, FUTURE CADETS is providing detailed information on the exam dates, eligibility criteria, registration process, selection procedure, examination pattern, results and preparation strategy. CDS that stands for Combined Defence Services is conducted twice a year by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). This exam is an opportunity for unmarried graduate students to pursue their career into the Indian Armed Forces. Selected candidates can serve the Indian Naval Academy, Air force Academy, Indian Military Academy, and Officer’s Training Academy.
CDS 2019 Notification
UPSC has released the notification for Combined Defence Services Examination II (CDS Exam II) September 2019 on its Official website www.upsc.gov.in. 417 vacancies in total have been notified for CDS 2. Eligible and interested applicants can apply for this exam from 12 June 2019 to 08 July 2019 (Monday).
The exam will hold on 08 September 2019. The exam is conducted biannually in February and September. It is for enrolling candidates as commissioned officers in Army, Air Force and Military.
Check the difference between NDA and CDS examination.
UPSC CDS 2 2019 Exam Dates
- Date of Notification: 12th June 2019
- Online Application Last Date: 08th July 2019 till 06:00 PM
- Last Date for Fee Payment (Pay by cash): 07th July 2019 at 11:59 pm
- Last Date for Fee Payment (online): 08th July 2019 till 06:00 pm
- Withdrawal of Online Application Can Be Done: From 15 to 22nd July 2019 till 6:00 pm
- Date of Issue of CDS Admit Card: August 8, 2019
- Exam Date: 8th September 2019
- The date for Result Declaration: To be notified (December 2019)
- The date for SSB: To be notified (February 2020)
CDS 2 2019 Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must be:
- a Citizen of India, or
- Subjects of Bhutan, Nepal, and Tibetan refugee who came to India before the 1 January 1962, or
- a person of India origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam.
It is obligatory for the candidates to produce Certificate issued by Indian authorities in order to certify their claim.
Age Limit, Gender And Marital Status
For Indian Military Academy (IMA) and Indian Naval Academy (INA)
Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than July 2, 1996, and not later than July 1, 2001, are eligible.
For Indian Air Force Academy (AFA)
- The age limit is 20 to 24 Years. The candidate must be born not earlier than 02 July 1996 and not later than 01 July 2000.
- Candidates who possess a valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) are given relaxation of up to 26 years.
- Unmarried candidates below 25 Years of age.
For Officer’s Training Academy (OTA)
- Male candidates (unmarried) born not earlier than July 2, 1995, and not later than 1st July 2001.
- For OTA, SSC women category (unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees in possession of divorce documents) the age limit is between July 2, 1995, and not later than 1st July 2001. who have not remarried are eligible.
Indian Military Academy (IMA) and Officer’s Training Academy (OTA) - Graduate degree from a recognized university
For Indian Naval Academy (INA) - Engineering Degree (B.Tech / B.E.) from a recognized university
For Indian Air Force Academy (AFA) – Either B.tech/ B.E. degree or a Graduation degree with physics and maths as compulsory subjects in 10+2.
The applicants applying for different posts of CDS exam should be mentally and physically fit. They must meet the height and weight standards as mentioned below:
- The minimum acceptable height for male candidates is 157.5 cms (157 for Navy and 162.5 cms for Air Force).
- The minimum acceptable height for females candidates is 152 cms.
- For Gorkhas, individuals belonging to hills of North Eastern regions of India, Garhwal, Kumaon, minimum acceptable height will be 152.5 cms.
- Reduction in minimum acceptable height for candidates from Lakshadweep is 2 cms.
- These relaxations are not applicable for Navy and Air Force
- For healthy individuals with heavy bones and broad build or with a thin build, relaxation may be given on merit basis.
CDS 2 2019 Registration Process
- Fill the application form by visiting at the official website of the UPSC upsconline.nic.in
- Click on Part 1 and submit your personal, educational and residential details.
- Then choose your preference for the academies (IMA, INA, AFA or OTA) as per your qualification and age.
- Get your registration id and move to Part 2 of the application form. It requires an applicant to fill the payment details. Select the desired mode of payment to pay the fee. The application fee is Rs. 200/. (SC, ST and women candidates are exempted from application fee)
- Choose the centre of examination as per your convenience. (The exam will be conducted in 41 CDS Exam Centers across India)
- Then upload our photo and signature as per guidelines.
- Check your declaration and submit the form.
- Download a copy of the application form and take its printout for future use
CDS 2 2019 Selection Procedure
CDS follows a three-stage recruitment process.
Stage 1- Written Exam
Stage 2- SSB Interview for Intelligence & Personality Test
- Candidates scoring more than the cut-off will only be considered for SSB interview.
- CDS SSB Interview further involves 2 stages:
At Stage I - Officer Intelligence Rating, Picture Perception And Description Test.
Stage II - Interview, Group Testing Officer Task, Psychology Test And Conference.
Stage 3 - Medical Examination
- A merit list will be prepared on the basis of the total marks secured by the candidates in the written examination and in the SSB interview round.
- The final selection will be based on merit subject to medical fitness and number of vacancies available.
CDS 2 2019 Exam pattern
(a) For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Air Force Academy:
Three papers of 100 marks each will be conducted. The duration of the exam will be 2 hours for each set of paper. However, the pattern will be as below:
1. English – There will be 120 questions.
2. General Knowledge- 120 questions will be asked.
3. Mathematics- 100 questions will be asked
(b) For Admission to Officers’ Training Academy:
Two papers i.e English and General Knowledge of 100 marks each will be conducted. The duration of the exam will be 2 hours for each set of paper
- The papers in all the subjects will consist of objective type questions only.
- The Test Booklets of General Knowledge and Mathematics will be set bilingually in English as well as in Hindi.
- The candidates have to get in excess of the sectional cut off of every paper and a combined cut-off. The combined cut-off for all the academies is different. Cut off will be officially released along with the declaration of result.
- The candidates clearing the written exam will only call for SSB interview.
CDS 2 2019 Results
The CDS 2 2019 results can be checked on the official site of UPSC. Follow the steps mentioned below to check the result:
- Log in to the official website of UPSC www.upsc.gov.in
- Click on "Results" link.
- Click on the "UPSC CDS II Result" Link.
- Fill the required details such as Registration Number & Date of Birth.
- Click on the "Submit" button.
- Check your Result status corresponding to your Roll number & Name.
CDS 2 2019 Preparation Strategy
Check the latest syllabus and exam pattern of CDS 2 2019 for stress-free preparation. Go through a previous year’s question papers. It will help you to get an idea about the type and the level of questions which are asked in the exam. The topics covered in previous exams provide you with the approach to solve the question papers. Stay informed about the latest happenings around the globe and practice the best tips to attempt each paper in the best manner. futurecadets.com is also there to help you through its best one-stop online course. The course aims to provide regularly updated practice tests, video lectures, mock papers for your best preparation.
Check out online courses offered by Future Cadets.
Keep your dreams alive. Remember the right vision, hard work, faith, determination and dedication is the price of success.